I think I was a bit greedy yesterday. I’d like to retract that list and ask for some more reasonable items – items that I have a chance in hell of getting. And since they’re not just for me, per se, perhaps my benevolence will weigh in my favor and inspire your generosity:
- I would like Stella to continue to grow and thrive. Sure, we still have the occasional bad spell, but overall she is improving and becoming more “normal” every day. I want her to be able to fit in, to excel, to go to dance/gymnastic/karate classes if she wants to, to have lots of friends if she wants to, to apply to MIT or Le Cordon Bleu if she wants to. I don’t want her to feel different unless she wants to feel different.
- I would like Felix to continue to be wonderful. He really is just a charming little boy. I can’t go anywhere without that child being absolutely mobbed by strangers – mostly women, but men too. I want him to continue to be happy, easy going, and determined. It’s too early to get a feel for what he might be into- right now, he enjoys standing up and clapping for himself – but I want him to be happy and successful at whatever it is he decides he wants to do.
- I want my children to both grow up to be kind and strong. I want them to have common sense – to be classy and classic. I want them to know how to treat other people. I want them to know how to protect themselves without becoming too guarded and closed off. That’s a fine line, I know.
- I would like my husband to find peace, both outer and inner. I think he’s lacking that.
- I would like the energy to make whatever improvements in my life that I can make right now. I would like help to accept those things that are beyond my control (Yeah, I borrowed a bit from the serenity prayer… You don’t have to be all into that to know a good idea if you hear it.).
For my part, I will try to learn to be more accepting and less angry and disappointed. I will try to feel better about myself and be better to myself, even if it’s just wearing some red lipstick, putting on a new(er) pair of panties, or wearing some cute leopard-print shoes.
Thanks, Santa. Sorry I got ahead of myself yesterday.