At risk of continuing my recent trend of bitching and complaining, I thought I’d share a few random and ADHD-style thoughts:
- This is one of those perfect times of year around here – where the weather has been as close to perfect as you can get. It’s almost storybook. I’ve been making a real attempt to get out and notice that, particularly since it is so incredibly fleeting.
- I once again went into MomBeast mode lately, and managed to completely re-do one of my children’s room in under 6 hours. For the second time in a month. I may not have skills, but I have organization, drive, and speed. These children better appreciate that one day.
- I just saw on Amazon this morning that there is such a thing as a “heated eyelash curler.” WHY IS THAT A THING? In whose imagination is that a good idea? Sure, most people are barely competent enough to drive and vote. Let’s give them a heated instrument to hold millimeters from their eyeball.
- My daughter had an awful day yesterday. Today is a new day.
- My son’s school did one of those awesome non-fundraiser fundraisers a while back, in which you could basically contribute for not having to go out and sell overpriced popcorn, cookie dough, or wrapping paper. I gratefully made a contribution. As a reward, one of the directors took some awesome-sauce pics of Felix. Score!
- This weekend should involve a symphony with the kids and some swimming. Since Felix is still all about Beethoven (even when it’s Tchaikovsky or Strauss), his head will explode. It ought to be a blast.
Felix calls this his “singing gears.” We’ve watched it hundreds of times.
And that’s it. I hope to be back to my hilarious self soon, folks. Happy Wednesday.